Friday, April 24, 2009

Sick-bed food

I had a migraine yesterday. My migraines are the sort of debilitating bastards who show up right after I've gotten up, showered, done my hair, put on my makeup and spritzed my perfume. Suddenly, my vision will become unclear, and then a small patch of my vision will go on the blink, fuzzy all over, growing and growing until most of it covers my vision and I can no longer see. Yesterday wasn't quite that bad. I leapt out of bed and started getting ready when all of a sudden my vision was fuzzy and the headache started. Bloody typical, because yesterday, I was due to rehearse, have a lesson, perform in a class, go to pilates, and teach about six students. Couldn't have happened any OTHER day this week, could it?

Anyway, I just wanted to note down my virtuous yet incorrect feeling last night that, because I was sick, I could eat whatever the hell I wanted. I chowed down on peanut-butter toast, Sustagen, cups of tea, tea cake, sausages, potato, broad beans, cauliflowers and gravy, oh, the gravy. Total stuff-fest! Grahhhhh. It was great, though. Mmm. I also had paracetemol and ibuprofen. Do they count?

My hypnotherapist told me to try putting my writing hand under warm water and a cool compress on my forehead when a migraine comes, in order to shrink the blood vessels that are expanding in my head and causing the migraine. I tried that briefly but gave up and just went to bed. Because I'm lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment